Friday, October 30, 2009

Colors of Joy


I think that Autumn is my favorite time of the year. And this year the colors are so vibrant it makes me shout for joy. As I walked in the NY Botanical Gardens the trees inspired a poem, which I share with you.



Colors of Joy




I can’t be sad in autumn.
The trees won’t allow it.
They roar in red faced glee
‘rousing my eyes awake.
They dance delightful
orange jigs in my soul.



Fiery shrubs, sienna
burnt, shout out as I pass
‘neath golden canopies,
‘midst magic magenta,
through the last gasp of green.



They yell oh so loud
my heart explodes in song
as I grovel in
glorious gratitude.



© E.M. Ramos
10/20/2009



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! I love your poem and I share your love of autumn, my favorite season. I am so glad to find your blog. I found you through Grandma's Musings, and I am still trying to find my way in writing my own blog...just a beginner and learning! :)