Friday, September 21, 2007

A New Season

I love the Fall. It was, maybe still is, my favorite season. Now I revel in all the seasons of the year, which mirror the seasons of my life. In December 2001 I decided that if I ever wanted to publish my poetry, I would have to "do it myself"! I called the first volume of poems Secrets of the Seasons.

And now it's time for an Autumn poem, inspired by the Bronx Botanical Gardens.

A Rosy Reception

The roses of October are
arousing. They cry out:
Come join in the revelry!

Have a whiff of our aroma
at its peak,
as glorious as incense
rising up at Benediction.
You need not bend
to savor the scents.

Behold our Joseph coats of
many colors,
a Fall feast for multi-tasked eyes.
You need not blink
to savor the sights.

Be immersed in the sunshine
of our presence.
Be restored in our embrace.
Rejoice in awesome autumn
and be glad.
Copyright E. Ramos 10/3/2004






1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Love it, Mom!
I'm glad to see you are writing more often. I still have to get you on Library Thing.

Love,
T.