Sunday, November 18, 2007

An Early Thanksgiving

I have been so busy lately that my blog has suffered. As I revisited my autumn poems to share, I did notice that they seem a bit sad and it surprised me; it certainly wasn't intentional. It seems that Autumn in New York has become a November rather than October happening. Today, as I looked up at the sky, I thought: "That's a November sky all right." And I remembered the following poem.

An Early Thanksgiving


That’s a November sky up there
Dark clouded circles drooping from its heavy lidded eyes
Frosty breath chasing fingers into pockets
Planting autumn’s answers in the
Deep down dirt of harvesting hearts
That walk along the noisy banks of the silent river
Pondering the taste of pumpkin memories
Singing in the shower of leaves
Their sacred songs, a glorious chorus of joyous hues
As gratitude graces a new generation of pilgrims.

Copyright Eleanor Ramos 10/23/04

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Mom, if I look back at some of my writing, I find so much darkness in it I can't breathe! But if I didn't have those dark moments to look back on, I wouldn't appreciate my lighter heart now.

Now, about your site traffic, I've told you before, if you write, people will come. I didn't have the benefit of a site meter when I began blogging, but I'm sure it would register about the same if I had! Don't give up, you'll find an audience!