Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Blahs

This winter is really getting to me. Last week I had trouble opening my car door. The locks freeze when we have a wet snow and de-icer doesn't work. Finally got the passenger door opened and began driving to the train station, when the door flies open. I pulled over and discovered that now, the door wouldn't close! Until I locked it again. When I parked, I couldn't get the door open from inside. I was trapped! So I climbed into the back seat with my heavy coat and boots. It wasn't easy. I am getting too old to be climbing over seats. At last I got one of the back doors open so I could escape. I was so afraid I would not be able to get back into the car that I left it unlocked.

Then I thought. I am really sick of winter and there's still two more months to go. Now I know why seniors (like me) retire to warm climates. Happily, I got the car started for a trip to see "South Pacific" with my friend Pat and her Bronxville senior group on January 21st. More about that later. And even better, I am looking forward to my Italy trip with my granddaughter next week. Hope it's warmer there!

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

You know, that would make a great Seinfeld episode. Maybe I could help you work on the story!

Love, T.