Friday, August 17, 2007

The Mall

The Mall

Ferocious forces lure me to
Cathedrals of consumer goods
to worship what I feign would shun,
to fill my emptiness with stuff
that sucks out all the breath inside

The hypocrite in me may boast
a knowing of uncommon depths.
Yet here I'm pleased to be among
Delusion's myriad delights.

I want to gaze and graze the fields
of nifty knick knacks no one needs,
while festive frocks ensnare my heart
and I succumb again
and buy!
but why?

Why do I love the drone of crowds
that mill about the merry mall?
Why do I frequent fast food courts
and eat contentedly alone
amidst the chattering tables?

Medieval mystery dwells today
in new millennium market fairs
wherever common folk abide
and artisans display their wares,
the marvels of their giftedness.

Don't judge the mall; her shoppers know
there is an awesome presence there.

Just be aware.
Beware.
Be just.
Be free.
Enjoy the Mall.
Inhale.
And be.

Copyright E. M. Ramos 03/04/2002

No comments: