Sunday, June 15, 2008

Celebrations

Many things to celebrate on this Sunday June 15th, Father's Day 2008. First I celebrate all the fathers in my life. My own Dad was a major influence in my life. He gave me my love of nature, my perfectionist tendencies and my Hungarian temper. The father of my three children has been there for me for nearly 44 years. He loves to help and was always hands on with his children's care, unusual in those days. I am grateful for his love and support. And I am proud of the next generation of fathers in my life - the fathers of my beloved grandkids. My son and sons-in-law are great Dads: playing, teaching, guiding and helping to care for their children.

Today I also celebrate the birth of Braden Michael, my sister's first grandchild, born on Friday the 13th. I am so happy for my sister; being a grandmother has been one of the major joys in my life. Now she gets to experience it. And she will be a wonderful Grandma!

Finally, Happy Birthday to my grandson Sam who is eight years old today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kathy and Rich! The new addition will keep them out of trouble. Give all my best wishes to them both, as well as to the new Mom and Dad.
Love, Linda Payne