Friday, July 6, 2007

An August Blessing

I have noticed that many of my recent poems deal with "transition". The one I will share today was written in the summer (how appropriate) of 2006, shortly after I retired that June. It deals with my struggle to begin a new phase of my life.

An August Blessing


Peeking through the holes I see
Pieces of the sky
Holy trees
Peaceful clouds
Bless me on the way.

Sitting still upon a bench
Surrounded by a kiss
Quiet rest
Gentle breeze
Calm me on the way.

Melting down the grief of June
As anger bids farewell
August heat
August hope
Heal me on the way.

Clinging to my treasured trove
Unwilling to let go
Cluttered home
Heavy heart
Teach me on the way.

Walking with nowhere to go
Watching every step
Precious time
Prayerful feet
Guide me on the way.
copyright E. M. Ramos 10/15/2007

3 comments:

Jan said...

What an insightful poem.....I thoroughly enjoyed it. Feelings of anger yet such hope for the future.
Thanks, El !

Anonymous said...

I love this poem! You have a very special gift to express your heart. Looking forward to more.
Blessings,
Jenny in Australia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/CentralianJen

Maryellen said...

I agree with Janice and Jenny. This poem has a great message, and should be a comfort to anyone in transition.

I like the strong implication that the poem addresses God, but without actually spelling it out.